uc withholding housing payment
so I have claimed uc for a number of years, never moved, price hasn’t change, and all my reviews have been straight forward! I get LCWRA too!
This review started in June,
I submitted two landlord letters, signed tenancy agreement, three months of bank statements showing my rent costs, council tax letter, and medical letters.
They are still refusing to re start my housing element: The issue comes with the tactical photos.. I explained to them that it’s impossible for me to do as I currently cannot move much at all & I provided a letter from the hospital. They said that I still haven’t proved my home, but I have sent substantial proof, so in the end I sent photos of my view to show my location and me in my bed. That’s all I can do.
I have contacted my mp, and they will contact uc. I am at a loss on what to do if they don’t accept these photos. I have given so much evidence and proof, I have nothing left to give and it’s making me so stressed and anxious as now I’m behind on rent. I asked multiple times if someone else could look at my case but they ignore it.
really scared incase I still don’t get my housing :(
Comments
-
Hi @emiiilee and a warm welcome to the community!
Sorry to hear about this, it sounds like a very stressful situation so it's very understandable why you're feeling scared and anxious.
How long ago did you contact your MP? Do you know if they have contacted Universal Credit yet?
It's lovely to have you here and I look forward to seeing you around the community😊.0 -
thank you for the welcome! :) I’m glad I found it! :)
I had a response from my mp today & they said they will contact them on my behalf! So im guess that will be in the next few days.I am wondering what happens, I have given so much evidence to uc.
1
Categories
- All Categories
- 16.4K Start here and say hello!
- 7.7K Coffee lounge
- 122 Games den
- 1.8K People power
- 190 Announcements and information
- 25.8K Talk about life
- 6.2K Everyday life
- 437 Current affairs
- 2.5K Families and carers
- 888 Education and skills
- 2K Work
- 630 Money and bills
- 3.8K Housing and independent living
- 1.2K Transport and travel
- 673 Relationships
- 1.6K Mental health and wellbeing
- 2.6K Talk about your impairment
- 885 Rare, invisible, & undiagnosed conditions
- 949 Neurological impairments and pain
- 2.3K Cerebral Palsy Network
- 1.3K Autism and neurodiversity
- 41.7K Talk about your benefits
- 6.2K Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- 20.6K PIP, DLA, ADP & AA
- 9.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 5.4K Benefits and income
