Uc when my girl goes uni

julie197878
julie197878 Community Member Posts: 1 Listener

looking into next year and I’m private renting there’s 2 aldultd on the lease me and my son

I’m claiming my half plus I get help for my daughter next year she’s planning to go uni will I lose all the help I get for her She will be staying there but home weekends and as much as she can coz she’s never been away from home before

Any advise will be ok thank u

Comments

  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 9,614 Online Community Team

    Hi @julie197878, welcome to the community ☺️ When you say you get help for your daughter, is this through child benefit or something else?

    If she's currently still in education doing A levels or an equivalent course, child benefit will usually continue until the end of her course then stop before she goes to uni. There's some details about that here that I hope will be helpful to you:

    Child Benefit when your child turns 16 - GOV.UK