ESA payment
Hi, I broke my ankle in June and was receiving ssp until August when they decided to let me go because I was still in plaster (agency) I then applied for ESA. Having a broken ankle I would have thought pretty cut and dried that I couldn’t work especially in a warehouse. I have sent in several sick notes. I’ve posted a form that sent me for fittness to work because apparently my consultant and physio don’t know what they are talking about but Janet in admin without a medical qualification to her name can along with accessing private information. Posting anything is a nightmare for me. I live miles from a postbox or town and due to my injury I can’t walk far and I can’t drive. I’m rambling a bit( ADHD). I still haven’t had a penny from them. I have no idea about the benefits system as I’ve worked my entire life apart from a couple of redundancies so I have no idea how it works. I’ve basically been surviving on my holiday pay and a small tax rebate. How do I hurry them along? On a side note, I now know why the benefits system costs so much and it’s nothing to do with the money they payout. It’s inefficient and over complicated. Sending documents by post? Inefficient and unsafe. Being neurodivergent it’s blowing my mind and I’m more than a little annoyed. Any advise would be welcomed.
Comments
-
I'd recommend contacting ESA on 0800 169 0310 to see what's happening with your claim. You should be receiving payment at the assessment rate.
1
Categories
- All Categories
- 16.4K Start here and say hello!
- 7.7K Coffee lounge
- 122 Games den
- 1.8K People power
- 190 Announcements and information
- 25.8K Talk about life
- 6.2K Everyday life
- 437 Current affairs
- 2.5K Families and carers
- 889 Education and skills
- 2K Work
- 630 Money and bills
- 3.8K Housing and independent living
- 1.2K Transport and travel
- 673 Relationships
- 1.6K Mental health and wellbeing
- 2.6K Talk about your impairment
- 885 Rare, invisible, & undiagnosed conditions
- 949 Neurological impairments and pain
- 2.3K Cerebral Palsy Network
- 1.3K Autism and neurodiversity
- 41.7K Talk about your benefits
- 6.2K Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- 20.6K PIP, DLA, ADP & AA
- 9.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 5.4K Benefits and income