Sun shade for a chair — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sun shade for a chair

Options
libismum
libismum Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi there I am mum to a totally smashing 6 year old girl with CP. she is a walker, an AFO and second skin lycra suit wearer who uses her wheel chair for distances she can't manage- and so that every outing doesnt become a physical challenge and detract from having fun!
We will be traveling to Florida and i been searching for a sun shade that she can use on her chair- could resort to a pushchair parasol but that would beed continual adjustment. Wonder if you have any suggestions- or and top tips on keeping cool in chairs.
many thanks Joe

Comments

• NicolaMc
    NicolaMc Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi Joe,

Your daughter sounds fab. My little boy is 13 months and has quad CP, a cheeky disposition and completely stunning smile.

I've found a Facebook forum which seems to be a good source of solid, practical advice. The group is "new to you special needs exchange". It was originally set up to exchange second hand equipment but has turned into an information exchange as well. Hopefully someone on there has some good first hand advice to offer.

Nicola

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.