Is there any opportunity to join with you or any other place you can recommend. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there any opportunity to join with you or any other place you can recommend.

dola1971
dola1971 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2021 in Sensory impairments

Comments

• dola1971
    dola1971 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I want to be a speech and language therapist of ADHD children. I have attended few seminar and doing a short course with the special need children and also enrolled myself for NVQ/Qtf in whitefield scholl in Walthamstow. I would like to work as a support worker or volunteer with speech and language therapist. Is there any opportunity to join with you or any other place you can recommend. I live in East London.
  • LondonSpeechTherapy2
    LondonSpeechTherapy2 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Dear Dola1971,

Thank you for your message.

Speech & Language Therapy is a wonderfully rewarding and diverse profession.

The best place to start is the Royal College of a Speech & Language Therapists (RCSLT) who provide information re training which takes the form of BSc; MSc or PG training.

Unfortunately due to client confidentiality and CRBs I am unable to provide placements to individuals who are not under the training programme.

Good luck with your future!

Chris

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.