Have you been able to experiment with things like Google Cardboard and Oculus Rift at Craig y Parc? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have you been able to experiment with things like Google Cardboard and Oculus Rift at Craig y Parc?

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited May 2016
    Welcome to the community!

It was great watching the video you did on Facebook.

There's lots of really exciting virtual reality tech coming out at the moment. Have you been able to experiment with things like Google Cardboard and Oculus Rift at Craig y Parc?
  • Kim_AssistiveTech
    Kim_AssistiveTech Community member Posts: 50 Courageous

Alex said:

Welcome to the community!

It was great watching the video you did on Facebook.

There's lots of really exciting virtual reality tech coming out at the moment. Have you been able to experiment with things like Google Cardboard and Oculus Rift at Craig y Parc?
    Hi Alex, 

Great question, virtual reality is probably the biggest thing to come into the assistive tech world recently so it's a hot topic. I personally have tried out google cardboard myself, but as of yet we haven't tried anything at Craig y Parc. I am hoping to purchase an Oculus Rift for school soon though. 

It's early days for virtual reality in an SEN environment, but I do know of a school in Australia (Jackson School) that have a great blog on how they're using it that you could check out. 

There are pros and cons about virtual reality for special needs, I am still undecided as to what I think yet, but plan on trialing it in a number of ways if/when we eventually get one so will post any updates on this forum! 

Hope that answers any questions you had, if you want to know more about virtual reality and SEN here's a few links that might be of interest.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.