Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I am my daughter's full time carer but need help and support from others

TashTash Member Posts: 1
My daughter has Huntingtons and we have had many difficulties getting what we need, I am my daughter's full time carer but need help and support from others. 
She lives in a one bed flat and I moved in to care for her and now we are fighting to get a2 bed with easier access for wheelchair .
She never goes out ,she would like to go swimming but I am worried about keeping her safe and its very hard physically for me,she also like going to the cinema and musicals.


  • foxukfoxuk Member Posts: 107 Pioneering
    Having additional Care provision should not affect Carer's Benefit or Carer's Premium. As long as you still do the requisite number of hours Care. They can't force us to work 24/7/365 yet....

    Your main source will be Social Services for information and even provision in your area.

    CAB are useful in some areas. - Carers Trust are very good most of the time and can give accurate information on Care problems.

    Many other organisations out there some good some terrible. Most provide a 'signposting service'.... GGGGGRRRRRRR!

    Carer's Trust would always be my first stop.

    Hope that helps,



Sign in or join us to comment.