Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Research: Experiences of supporting someone with traumatic limb loss
Do you provide support to someone who has lost a limb due to an accident or trauma?
Would you be willing to talk about your experiences privately as part of a research project?
I am looking for individuals who provide support to a partner, close friend or family member, who has lost a major limb (i.e. arm or leg) as a result of a trauma or accident to talk about your experiences of coping with this. Interviews will take place on the phone or Skype and will take approximately 30-60 minutes. You will receive a £10 shopping voucher to thank you for your time and effort.
If you are an individual who has suffered loss of a major limb and you know someone who would be suitable to take part, then please pass this information along to them.
If you are interested in taking part, please contact Sophie Mitchell at [email protected] to obtain a full information sheet.
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 844 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 709 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments