Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, my name is lcl23260!
It is with great sadness that I write this post. I have been a volunteer for nearly 3 years, done the donations collections and got my choir to sing carols to raise money for Scope. My loyalty to the charity had been repaid by a new manager and the Cambridge shop manager treating me and others with total disrespect. Within a week I was so stressed I lost 4lb in weight. They did not take into account any of the volunteers needs, I felt very vulnerable and lost in a previous familiar place. she just kept telling me I had got to accept the changes, which I would of happily done if the haf communicated the changes clearly instead of leaving us to deal with it. It quickly became very clear that they wanted to get rid of all existing staff and volunteers. So I left on Tuesday feeling very stressed and depressed. I cannot believe a charity for disabilities would condone this behaviour from their managers. We were also expected to be smartly dressed, so I was disgusted when a senior manager is allowed to dress as if she had rumaged through the rag bags.
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.