motablity car — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

motablity car

Options
jamesmcpherson
jamesmcpherson Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2017 in Transport and travel
I went for an assessment interview in may 16 i have not received any information on the result just my allowance was raised i have not received my certificate of entitlement for my new  motablity car can you help !

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @jamesmcpherson,

Was that a PIP assessment? It sounds like you need to ring the DWP to get confirmation that you now have the enhanced rate of the mobility component (is that what you think happened when your allowance was raised?)

If you are on PIP, then you need to be on the enhanced rate of the mobility component for Motability. Unfortunately it's hard to tell from what you've said whether it was the mobility component that went up. As you know you also need to be able to show Motability that the benefit has at least 12 months left on the award.

In any case, after your assessment you were entitled to a decision notice stating your new award so I'd contact DWP & ask for them to sent it out as soon as possible. The certificate of entitlement is simply your award letter stating what level of PIP you have been awarded and for how long. 

Hope this helps and you get it sorted soon. If you're not sure whether you're getting the enhanced rate of the mobility component, then tell us the amount of PIP you get and we can try to work it out. You'll still need that award letter though!

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.