Hi everyone — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone

angela1972
angela1972 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm Angela and just want to say hello and let you know about a government petition that is gathering momentum. A friend of mine has had enough of changing her children on the often dirty floors of toilets due to a lack of facilities and is petitioning the government to address this and change the law on this - please have a look and share if you wish to https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/177423

Thank you

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Angela, 

Have you heard of the Changing Places campaign

"The Changing Places Consortium launched its campaign in 2006 on behalf of the over 1/4 of a million people who cannot use standard accessible toilets. This includes people with profound and multiple learning disabilities, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, as well as older people.

To use the toilet in safety and comfort, many people need to be able to access a Changing Places, which have more space and the right equipment, including a height adjustable changing bench and a hoist."

It might be worth your friend joining forces with them?

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • angela1972
    angela1972 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Great thank you, I'll pass this information along to her :smiley:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.