Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Appeal this Friday
I too have my appeal this Friday coming. Again it' a sat Nav. I have fibro and can get fibro fog especially if I worry about where iam going. So always have my sat Nav with me.i don't drive far due to pain. Was awarded 4 points from higher rate. On appeal they put, I can drive so have strength. Can ride my pony so have strength.. I told them I only drive short distance, only ride when I feel up to it and have to have help to tack up and to mount and unmount, use aids to ride. And ride in company. I thought you got higher rate, and can have a car to help get you about. Never heard anyone say you can drive so you must have strength? So can't have a car..
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.