Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is CatherineFearnley!
Before Christmas 2016. I suffered from a really bad fall. I fractured, dislocated and tore ligaments in my left elbow and arm. I am still unable to straighten this properly and yet am expected to go back to the job centre and make a fresh claim for JSA. I do not know the kind of work I can do as I cannot do certain activities such as lift anything heavy, hold full cups of liquid and sometimes unable to open doors depending what side the handle is on or how heavy the doors are. I could appeal the decision but have decided against this and wait and see what happens in the future. I also have to go for physio every week and attend hospital appointments with my consultants every now and then.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.