Can I ask for my pip to be amended? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Can I ask for my pip to be amended?

Zippyload Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA


  • Zippyload
    Zippyload Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I had a tribunal on the 29/03/2017 for esa the judge awarded me 15 points were as before I was only given 8 can I ask for my pip to be amended 
  • Alex
    Alex Scope Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited April 2017
    Hi @Zippyload,

    Welcome to the community Sorry you've not had any response - your post was hidden in our welcome category. I've moved it to our benefits advisor category.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering

    Hi Zippyload

    Apologies again about the delay!

    ESA and PIP are completely different benefits with completely different criteria, it is therefore possible that your change in ESA would have no impact on entitlement to PIP.

    If you would like more specific advice, if you post details of your condition/s, rates of ESA and PIP, and details of reason why the Tribunal increased your points we could take a look. If that's all a bit too much to post online, then perhaps try a local agency for face to face advice? Or the 'Benefits and Work' website have a PIP Self-Test tool, which you could use to try and gauge if your current award is correct:-

    Hope this helps!

    Kind regards,


    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.