Hi, my name is MrGrumpy! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is MrGrumpy!

MrGrumpy
MrGrumpy Member Posts: 1 Listener
Amongst other things I have an issue with my back, that 12months ago cost me my job. I am 56, 5' 10", a bit overweight and grey at edges! 
Hello.

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @MrGrumpy and welcome to the forum.

I was a little younger when I lost my job due to back issues. As a result I can no longer do what I did before and it took me nearly ten years to get the break to get back into work. Fortunately my current employer is very disabled friendly and so I got my chance.

Prior to losing my job I was active and so managed to keep my weight under control, sadly I have gone from 12 stone to drifting between 15 and 17 stone depending on how my back is doing the amount of exercise I can cope with. Having a desk job does not help either. Certainly being overweight does not help with my back issues and it becomes a real battle.

Are you getting help with your back problems?

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.