Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Mortgage assistance

Hi all,I'm in a very similar position with regards to having developed fibromyalgia 9yrs ago and having to leave a much loved career. 
I'm struggling financially to the point were I'm existing not living. Does anyone know if the social security agency offers any help towards mortgage fees?


  • Blue FrogBlue Frog Member Posts: 373 Pioneering
    edited July 2017
    I get income support (I'm a lone parent of a disabled child) we get a very tiny amount towards the interest on the mortgage. This kicked in a few
    months after I gave up work. It is paid straight to the building society, and is no where near the amount I pay for the mortgage!!! But I think they are ending this soon - turning it into some sort of a loan  :/:/

    Hopefully one of the benefit specialists will be along tomorrow to give you some more accurate information. I hope you get something sorted out x
Sign in or join us to comment.