Assisted living for my son - advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assisted living for my son - advice?

Options
Walshy
Walshy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My Son has Autism and is in last year at college, he wants his own space and is quite capable but may need a warden based assisted living place. 
How do I go about it and with earning potential possibly lower than living costs what is there for him please if he does get a job. 
Advice would be gratefully received. 
Thank you

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Walshy welcome to the community.

I have moved your post to the Housing category, @Debbie_Scope do you have any information that could help?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    HI @Walshy,

Welcome to the community :)

The best place to start is with your local council. If you could let me know which council you come under I will look them up and see what options are available in your area.

We can also look at future benefit entitlements for when your son finishes college next year. There are lots of changes taking place to the welfare benefits system including the roll-out of Universal Credit which we would need to factor in too.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.