Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi all,I am a new member as of yesterday.I had a serious rta 20+ years ago which has left me with numerous mobility problems.I suffer from balance problems (due to a bang on the head) & on the 3rd August I went off balance, fell and fractured my left ankle.They couldn't operate at first because of swelling but on 16th I had a metal plate & screws put into my ankle.My leg was very badly damaged in the rta & with this being my left ankle, I am virtually unable to walk.I've had to move in with my parents (who are both in their 70's) because it isn't safe for me to be alone.I'm going to be like this for at least another 8 weeks.What can I do ????
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 752 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.