Hi, my name is stevetheman56!/colon removal ulcer colitis — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Hi, my name is stevetheman56!/colon removal ulcer colitis

Hello my name is Steve my question is back in1992 I had total colon removal and now have a pouch made up my small intestine had the surgery done in 1992 I was 32 now am 57 was self employed stopped working in nov of  2015 have a disability lawyer representing  me have other medical issues  also have medical information  stating back in .2010 was in hospital for colon scope for anemia to I know that information is not currant but would give the disability  judge the back ground for my case I do have currant information that's states my issues I see my doctor every month  send information to lawyer  just wondering if you think my chances would be a winning decision  the problem to is going to restroom a lot thanks for reading  and look forward to hearing from you Steve

Comments

• stevetheman56
    stevetheman56 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    My hearing letter will be getting in 3 months been waiting 16 months. Lawyer said waiting time in moreano valley california is .19.5 months
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @stevetheman56 welcome to the community, we are a UK based charity and so all out information and support are regarding UK benefits and appeals so Im not sure how much help we can be for American based law.

I also have ulcerative colitis and had my colon removed, I had a jpouch for 18 months but had chronic pouchitis during all of that time, I had it removed and a permanent stoma created which is what I have now.  

So we may not be able to help much with appeals and the law due to the differences between our countries, but you can meet other people on the community and chat about other issues. 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.