Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
help with cost
hello, im sorry to trouble you. i am the carer for my 35yr old son who is suffering with chronic fibromyalgia, bone degenerative disease, he has to use wheelchair and crutches as he can only walk a few steps before his legs give way and he falls, liver/kidney problems, diabetes, severe mental health issues and IBS. i have to wash his clothes and bed clothes every couple days as you can imagine, but my washing machine has broken and i cant afford another one. i am having to use the bath to wash his/our clothes etc. is their any help i can get with the cost of another washing machine please. my son gets pip and esa and i get carers allowance/esa. my son pays a portion of rent and council tax. we do not get discount on water bills etc. many thanks
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.