help with cost — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

help with cost

Options
sandy55
sandy55 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hello, im sorry to trouble you. i am the carer for my 35yr old son who is suffering with chronic fibromyalgia, bone degenerative disease, he has to use wheelchair  and crutches as he can only walk a few steps before his legs give way and he falls, liver/kidney problems, diabetes, severe mental health issues and IBS.  i have to wash his clothes and bed clothes every couple days as you can imagine, but my washing machine has broken and i cant afford another one. i am having to use the bath to wash his/our clothes etc. is their any help i can get with the cost of another washing machine please. my son gets pip and esa and i get carers allowance/esa.  my son pays a portion of rent and council tax. we do not get discount on water bills etc. many thanks

Comments

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Options
    If you ask CAB to apply for a grant from a charity you should be entitled to a washing machine under the circumstances... google 
    Turn2us and see what results there are as there are different grants for individual needs 

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sandy55 welcome to the community and I am sorry you are having such a tough time.

Scope does not give financial assistance or grants, but you may find it helpful to use this online grants search.

Please remember charities and grant-giving trusts rarely give money for things that you could get through, or could be funded by, statutory sources, such as benefits. Please use the online benefits calculator first.

Do you claim any of these benefits? 
    • income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
    • Income Support
    • income-related Employment And Support Allowance
    • Pension Credit
    • Housing Benefit
    • Working Tax Credit
    • Child Tax Credit awarded at a rate higher than the family element.
    If you do, you could be entitled to a discount on your water rates.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.