PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Change of circumstances - do I inform PIP?

kim49kim49 Member Posts: 8 Listener
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA and AA
I'm in need of advice please. I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder few years ago and was in receipt of DLA. Then I become very ill with what my G.P thought was M.S. I was very relieved to find out I hadn't, however I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia... which has M.S symptoms without  the neuro damage.. My Question is ( at last , I'm sure  ) is do I inform the pip people as last time I did they lowered my money ? I really can't afford less ... thanks in advance to any that answer my long winded question ..

Replies

• Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,729 Disability Gamechanger
    According to the gov website, you must contact the PIP enquiry line if the help you need or your condition changes. 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello kim and welcome

You certainly should inform DWP of a change of circumstance but be aware that this will trigger a new assessment.

How long is your current award ?

Try taking the B&W self test to see the possible impact of your change of condition

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kim49kim49 Member Posts: 8 Listener
    Thank you so much cockney rebel . I don't want to come across deceitful just nervous of the discussion panel being that I was far worse physically on my second assessment and they lowered my money.. I will call them first thing as I would hate to get in trouble for not informing them of change.. didn't know I had to do that. As bipolar is a life long condition I life with I wasn't aware that added illnesses were taken into account.
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    any new condition that affects your functionality should be reported if it has existed for 3 months and is likely to continue for a further 9 months. So a broken ankle is unlikely to affect an award whereas a bunion might

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kim49kim49 Member Posts: 8 Listener
    Ouch ! Understood I'll call Tomorrow 
    many thanks
Sign in or join us to comment.