Change of circumstances - do I inform PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of circumstances - do I inform PIP?

kim49
kim49 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm in need of advice please. I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder few years ago and was in receipt of DLA. Then I become very ill with what my G.P thought was M.S. I was very relieved to find out I hadn't, however I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia... which has M.S symptoms without  the neuro damage.. My Question is ( at last , I'm sure  ) is do I inform the pip people as last time I did they lowered my money ? I really can't afford less ... thanks in advance to any that answer my long winded question ..

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    According to the gov website, you must contact the PIP enquiry line if the help you need or your condition changes. 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello kim and welcome

You certainly should inform DWP of a change of circumstance but be aware that this will trigger a new assessment.

How long is your current award ?

Try taking the B&W self test to see the possible impact of your change of condition

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kim49
    Thank you so much cockney rebel . I don't want to come across deceitful just nervous of the discussion panel being that I was far worse physically on my second assessment and they lowered my money.. I will call them first thing as I would hate to get in trouble for not informing them of change.. didn't know I had to do that. As bipolar is a life long condition I life with I wasn't aware that added illnesses were taken into account.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    any new condition that affects your functionality should be reported if it has existed for 3 months and is likely to continue for a further 9 months. So a broken ankle is unlikely to affect an award whereas a bunion might

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kim49
    Ouch ! Understood I'll call Tomorrow 
    many thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.