Looking for housing for nephew with mental health and Autism — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for housing for nephew with mental health and Autism

Options
Gillian63
Gillian63 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi ,am hoping you can help,we are looking for somewhere for my nephew,he as mentle heath probles a ortisum.he is living in Leigh at the moment in a serport housing ,his dad is disabled and his relationship as broke down,so I have found my brother a flat back in tameside Ashton under lyne.now we need to find my nephew a move to .my nephew needs to move very soon. We are waiting to go to count , because when he was 8yrs old his mum's Husbond hit him,now it's come out he also abused my nephew,so we can't leave him in far away. He is going tough a very bad time. Can u please help me and put me into someone that can help us.he is 21 yes old now,but needs support living. Hope to hear soon 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Gillian and welcome

Have you tried the CAB ?
    It is worth ringing the Scope help line for quicker assistance

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Debbie_Scope can you help at all?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Gillian63,

If you're not already in touch with Adult Social Care, I think they would be the first people to talk to. Does your nephew have a social worker? If so, contact them directly. Your nephew will need help to find supported housing in a different area and a social worker is best placed to help. 

If that doesn't help come back and let me know and we can look at other options.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.