Pip forms — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip forms

denisewheatley60 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Where do I get PIP forms from? X


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,607 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to ring PIP to start a claim off. They will ask you questions and take down some details, then they will send you the form. This form then has to be filled in and returned by the date on the letter (within 1 month) you'll need evidence to support your claim and you should send this with the form. Do NOT rely on them contacting anyone for any evidence because very often they don't.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,610 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018

    The phone number for new claims will be on the gov.uk website, PIP section, along with general info about PIP.

    Both Disability Rights UK and CAB sites have good guides to completion of PIP forms.  Disability Rights UK has a draft diary that you can adapt.  I recommend submission of a 7-day diary with your PIP claim.  List all the aids you use on your form and on your diary.  Using aids, especially if you still have difficulty doing things even using aids, should get you some points.  Your disabilities only have to apply 50% of the time, i.e. at least 4 days out of 7.

    You might be able to find f2f help locally from CAB or similar organisation.  Scope Helpline might be able to tell you about advice available in your area.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.