Diagnosed with Menieres Disease — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Diagnosed with Menieres Disease

Options
redjune
redjune Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2018 in Sensory impairments
Yesterday I was diagnosed with Menieres Disease which Ive had for seven years. I had a hearing test at ENT which showed that the hearing in my left ear has got significantly worse in the last year. Ive had a hearing aid for more than ten years, but recently have felt that its not helping. I now have to have an earmould rather than the dome shaped ear piece.
Im worried that I might lose all hearing in my left ear and how it would affect me. Im also wanting information on medication for Menieres.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @redjune

Good Afternoon & Welcome.

It’s Great to meet you this afternoon.

I’m very sorry to hear about your left ear.

Yes I lost all hearing in my left ear in 1998 following a “Stroke”

Here’s some info for you below.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/menieres-disease/
  • emmrald
    emmrald Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Hi   Eugene isn't it funny we don't notice when we loose things my hearing was a problem for me 3 years ago then I had a hearing test and was informed that I was prafoundly deaf now it makes sense when I felt I was a tv with the volume turned down
  • redjune
    redjune Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I’ve been deaf in my left ear for quite a few years and have coped ok with it until about 14 months ago when it suddenly felt like the ear was completely blocked. Even so it was still a shock yesterday to find out that it was so much worse now compared to last year when I had a test. I just hope that nothing happens to my other ear.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.