ESA and assistance with mortgage payments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA and assistance with mortgage payments

Options
millymoo66
millymoo66 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I am trying to obtain some advise please.
I was in receipt of contribution based esa and in the support group. Was transferred over from incapacity benefit.
Last year, following marriage breakdown, I found myself having to apply for help with mortgage interest. I received this at £67.76 weekly and also was awarded £15.90 disability income guarantee ?
After nearly 2 years since my divorce, it looks as if thr finsncial settlement will be final in the next 3 months.
At that stage, I will no longer require the assistance with mortgage interest payments and shall inform DWP of such.
My question is, that as I have remained in the support group, will I rerevert back to just contribution based esa.  
Any guidance will be gratefully received. Thankyoi

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @millymoo66 and welcome to the community.
    I am only here to say 'hello', as I don't have answers to your specific questions, and to assure you that others who know more about such things will be in touch with you soon.
    Don't hesitate to be in touch again if you don't hear soon or if you simply want to chat.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @millymoo, and welcome! I've moved this post into our ask a benefits advisor category where somebody who is better placed to advise on this will hopefully be in touch ASAP.
  • millymoo66
    millymoo66 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thank you guys. I emailed your help desk and Debbie very kindly came back to me.
    I called DWP today. Information Debbie gave me was correct and thankfully matter all sorted now.
    Thankyou for your kind assistance 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.