Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
How can I ensure I'm put in the Support Group?
Hi - I am completing an ESA50 and have completed this quite well but I am anxious to be put in the Support Group because of my condition which is severe COPD and have 32% lung capacity. I am unable to do very much because the slightest exertion leaves me very breathless. How do I persuade the assessors that I should be in the Support Group without sounding like "teaching your granny to suck eggs" or upsetting sensibilities. I know I can go through the descriptors and can satisfy quite a number for the SG but obviously I don't want to overstep the mark completing my application. Thanks and regards.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.