Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
From DLA to PIP
Hi, my son was on standard care DLA. He was advised by the hospital to apply for the mobility part of DLA as his condition had worsened. He asked DWP to look at his claim again and was told that it would be a PIP claim, he was not awarded either and his payment stopped in July 2017. He appealed and eventually went to a Tribunal on 24th January and was awarded enhanced mobility and standard care PIP. As DWP have not appealed the tribunal decision, will this mean that my son will get a backdated payment from July (he is unsure because he was originally on DLA and it will now be PIP). Thanks for any help.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.