Won appeal but almost gave up. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won appeal but almost gave up.

macc2018
macc2018 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
After almost a year of waiting my appeal was heard last Thursday and after being given 0 points by DWP i won my appeal and was given 23 points.

i will be getting standard daily living and enhanced mobility and back dated to April 2017.

i suffer from epilepsy so its been very stressful and a couple of times i though why go on with it and i knew DWP would want me to do that but i did not and now glad i stuck with it.

judge said he did not agree with the reasons DWP gave and said there is no time limit on it(whatever that means)

now will see how long it takes DWP to pay the backpay and hooe its not to long.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.