If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

pip medical and universal credit

lebabes219lebabes219 Member Posts: 28 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
hi all was wondering of anyone could answer a question for me. I currently receive pip full mobility am currently waiting on a MR decision for the daily living element. I am also going through the process of claiming universal credit, im not able to work due to my health issues, i was previously on ESA in the support group. Does anybody know if the dwp can use the pip medical assessment for the universal credit stage of medical assessment?
thankyou in advance xx


  • duckett123duckett123 Member Posts: 81 Courageous
    would think they wont because they always say each benefit is differently looked at but only when they wont it to be different 
  • lebabes219lebabes219 Member Posts: 28 Listener
    Thanyou for your respnse duckett123, the thought of having to go threw another assessment in such a short period of time is so daunting, my last medical assessment resulted in another hospital induced coma due to epilepsy status resulting from stress, (stress being one of biggest trigger) just wasn't sure that there was a way to request the medical evidence and assessment used for pip could be used
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,361 Disability Gamechanger
    Hmm. What has triggered the claim to UC? Does UC offer any advantages for you? Are you in a full service area? There's no natural migration to UC from ESA so that would be my starting point here. Is it right that you're on UC. 

    Next thing you need to know is that the UC/ESA interface is a mess and you may find yourself going round in circles. However, no, it is most unlikely your PIP HCP report would be used. 
  • lebabes219lebabes219 Member Posts: 28 Listener
    Hi all the benefit calculators I and the job center have done show that I would be financially better off on UC as on ESA I was in receipt of housing benefit which stopped when my 19 year old daughter started work and became a non dependant. On UC I am entitled to higher rate housing element,....well so they say.. am waiting for result in claim 
  • lebabes219lebabes219 Member Posts: 28 Listener
    Sorry I am in a full UC area x
Sign in or join us to comment.