Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Funding for a course whilst on universal credit
Hi I'm on Universal credit and pip i get enhanced living and I'm waiting for reconsideration for my mobility which is currently in standard, I was on dla which entitled me to a mobility car which was taken away due to pip, I've recently reapplied as my condition has worsened and my depression has worsened. I am not working currently I suffer with psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis and depression, I hold a master degree in social work, I'd like to career change my career but continue to use my skills I've developed over the years. I was feeling positive last month and asked universal credit if I could get funding for a course to get me into work, I was told I could only get funding at entry level, which is no good to me with a master degree. I've tried applying for other jobs but my confidence is at an all time low, how can I get funding for my career change?
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.