Hi, my name is sue — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sue

Options
ulllass
ulllass Community member Posts: 6 Connected
hi i am sue. i have lupus sle. was reg disabled 18 months ago. i am in the middle of a long divorse and its not good, was married 37 years, . have 2 adult kids. 33 and 37.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ulllass
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your divorce, that sounds like a really difficult time to go through.

I hope you enjoy the community, jump in and get involved, we are a friendly bunch!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • ulllass
    Options

hi. ya it is sam. hes not making it easy. the stress isn't good too. lupus isn't made any better by stress. i really need help with esa. i think the best bet is to wait till i am div. hes not giving me much every month once the pension share is sorted, i don't get much pip too. i have got to admit the money side of all this is worrying me. one thing i got recently is a cert for free nhs health care for a  year which is a big help.

• Sam_Alumni
    Options
    Have you tried filling in the benefits calculator to see what you could be entitled to?

It might be good to get some advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau too?
    Scope
  • ulllass
    Options
    hi i did the calculator yes. i can claim but tried to fill in the form and it so complicated. i don't have a printer too. i am not sure if i should wait till the divorce is over too.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    Ive seen you asked in the ESA category, I hope you get some answers!
    Scope
  • ulllass
    Options
    :) i have yes. me too. thanks for your help/

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.