Health assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Health assessment

I do think our own Doctors should do our health assessments . BECOUSE know one knows about our health problems and how we manage every day with our health issue's. What do you think .


  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @karenjdavis55 sorry to poke this Question even in the real world our Dr's or Gp's don't really know how we manage day-to-day the only real person that does is ourselfs or a full time carer. 

    But If the truth be known if we have to go through this it should all be done in house by the DWP like it used to be and remove it from private company's.
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

    You can see the video here.

  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hi karenjdavis88,

    The current system unfortunately is not fit for purpose. How the DWP can expect an assessor (however many qualifications or however much experience they may or may not have) to see someone for 30-40 minutes and be able to come to conclusions about what they can or can't do on a daily basis is unbelievable. This is why many ESA appeals are successful and I would strongly urge anyone who has had a negative decision from a capability for work assessment to utilise the appeals process.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.