PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Same face to face Assesir

kim49kim49 Member Posts: 8 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hello All .. wondering if someone can give me some advice ? I'm appointee to my 16 yr old son who's Autistic . He recently had his face to face for pip and was awarded. I recently got diagnosed with fibro plus I've had bipolar all my life . I made claim for pip myself as working is no go at mo , in so much pain.. had capita oppointed and had same assessor , she recognised me left room for 5 mins and came back quite short with me ... worried I'll have my dla stopped . Can anyone help me , have been totally honest . Appreciate any insight

Replies

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,258 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi kim

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kim49kim49 Member Posts: 8 Listener
    No I didn't, felt to nervous. Not very good like that . 
    You really should ask for a copy for your records and incase you do not agree with the decision you will need it to challenge

CR
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,392 Disability Gamechanger
    Although you have seen the same person twice it was not for the same case so I don't think there's any clear cut conflict of interest. It's doubtful they would have had time to informally observe you whilst talking to you about your son. The absence was probably in relation to checking that there was no conflict with a manager or checking she hadn't seen you before in relation to your claim. 

As has already been said, you need a copy of the HCP report asap. The big concern would be if she connected you to your sons assessment. She could legitimately highlight any contradictions e.g. where you detailed care needs you performed for your son but now say you don't have the physical capacity to do such things. 

So kind of you both to get back . One more thing, how do I get the report? Will it matter that I've left the meeting?
    You should phone the DWP and ask for it

CR
    Thank you . Appreciate all the help
Sign in or join us to comment.