PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

FAO benefits advisors: do I need to Inform housing benefit about DLA to PIP?

pee14pee14 Member Posts: 97 Courageous
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Can i please asks  a benefit advisor if I have moved from DLA to PIP and have been on ESA support group for 4 years do I need to inform housing benefit of the change from DLA to PIP  Thankyou.

Replies

• pee14pee14 Member Posts: 97 Courageous
    Hi I just received a council tax and housing benefit letter and it states I get PIP so they must be informed directly .
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,258 Disability Gamechanger
    When an award is made, all departments are notified electronically.  Often any change will be made before you receive written notification

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,603 Disability Gamechanger
    I figured that as well 
    Puzzled how people get away with fraud because they know what's happening before I do.  :) 

Is PIP a non taken into account benefit though like DLA, it's not inclusive or whatever I mean.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,258 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is treated as a non means tested benefit and has no impact on ESA CB or IR

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • charlenecharlene Member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    My normal allowance from DWP, wasn't' paid into my account Monday. Did't realise until today.  Rang up and the said it would be paid in tomorrow.  Maybe an indication that my assessment for PIP has been decided!m
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,412 Disability Gamechanger
    whistles said:
    I figured that as well 
    Puzzled how people get away with fraud because they know what's happening before I do.  :) 

Is PIP a non taken into account benefit though like DLA, it's not inclusive or whatever I mean.
    Generally speaking fraud rates are hideously over-stated. DWP accounts have been qualified for something like 19 years in a row i.e. not to be trusted. 
Sign in or join us to comment.