PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

PIP tribunals cancelled?

rainbow58rainbow58 Member Posts: 103 Connected
i was at my local CAB recently and there was a note written on their board saying tribunal cancelled -this could be for any number of reasons but i have heard that tribunals have been cancelled due to the number of appeals and due to bad/false assessment reports.does anyone know if this is true and tribunals are being cancelled and cases reviewed?has anyone been  awarded PIP without attending their tribunals-had their tribunal cancelled?

Replies

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,258 Disability Gamechanger
    The DWP will review a claim prior to tribunal and in some cases if new evidence has been submitted or the original is read properly an improved award can be offered which can lead to the tribunal being cancelled.
    Across various forums this does seem to be happening a little more but only where overwhelming evidence is present and the claim well presented

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • rainbow58rainbow58 Member Posts: 103 Connected
    the notice at CAB said tribunals cancelled-i wonder if the HMCS had notified those concerned-could imagine people turning up at the CAB to find them cancelled without notice.
Sign in or join us to comment.