What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What benefit to apply for personal care needs under pension age?

Hi, due to severe back pain and restricted mobility my sister needs personal care such as washing legs, feet, back, hair, drying hair, shopping,  laundry and house cleaning needs to be done for her, someone staying overnight when she is in much pain or high anxiety about it. We have been managing this between us as a family but really become too much and we cannot be as reliable as she needs. I understand funding can be applied for but unsure how to go about it. She is 63, so not pension age for about 14 months. Currently on ESA, housing and council tax benefits but that doesn't cover basic costs of living let alone paying for care.  Advice welcome please!! Thanks, Reb               


Sign in or join us to comment.