Can’t get a job

Options
katd40
katd40 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2018 in Work
I can not get into work due to my depression and anxiety I also suffer with fragile ribs and a bulging disc. Every job I apply for I never even get an interview I’m at my wits end what can I do? Please help!!!! 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,635 Championing
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Welcome to the community @katd40
    I am sorry to hear you are struggling, you might want to get in touch with our Support to work team.

Support to Work offers advice to disabled people applying for jobs. This is an online employment service supported with telephone, Skype or text. It’s open to disabled people who:

• are of working age
    • are looking for paid work
    • have access to the internet, telephone and email 
    • and live in England or Wales.

Our experienced advisors can support you with:

• employability skills
    • CV guidance
    • interview techniques

Read more at https://www.scope.org.uk/support/services/employment/support-work#0Kb8larOLJqgSGRg.99

• flump
    flump Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Sam, was going to post about this myself as I'm trying to find any part time work due to disability
    Flump
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,635 Championing
    Options
    @flump the Support to Work team are great and could be really helpful to you.

We have @pia_scope @Zaid_Scope @Donisha_scope @mwila_scope and @rian_scope from the team on the community who may be able to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • katd40
    katd40 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Sorry it’s been long getting back to you all. First of all thank you. However I find it hard talking on the phone it creates a panic attack, I pass out when I do panic and shake terribly. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Pia_Scope
    Pia_Scope Scope Posts: 41 Empowering
    Options
    Hi@katd40

Welcome to the community & thank you for your query.

I'm sorry to hear that you are not getting any interviews.

Looking for work and eventually finding a job can be a challenge and usually when we are not getting interviews it could be because our CV's, cover letters or applications are not up to scratch.

The good thing is that you can do something about it by making sure that they are all of good quality.

If you can do this yourself or with the support of a family member or friend, then great.

You can also contact us at Support to work to get support with interview skills any more.

If you think that we could be beneficial for your progress then you can find more information about us here: https://www.scope.org.uk/support/services/employment/support-work

I wish you all the best & hope that you will be successful in finding a job.

Kind Regards
    Pia