What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Daughter with depression - what can we claim?

PaigemmaPaigemma Member Posts: 3 Listener
I have a 16 Yr old girl with severe depression and a daughter with Adhd  what can I claim for 

Replies

• JennysDadJennysDad Member Posts: 2,308 Pioneering
    edited April 2018
    Hello @Paigemma and a warm welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us.
    I don't know the answers to your specific questions but I am sure there are people here who will be able to assist you.
    You might like to try the online benefits calculator here and, in the meanwhile bear with us. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Warmest best wishes to you
    Richard
  • PaigemmaPaigemma Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you for accepting me.

• GeoarkGeoark Member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,370 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Paigemma welcome you to the community.

If your other daughter is under 18 have you applied for Disability Living Allowance for them?

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Geoark said:
    Hi @Paigemma welcome you to the community.

If your other daughter is under 18 have you applied for Disability Living Allowance for them?
    That's incorrect advice, sorry. DLA can only be claimed if a person is under 16. If they are over 16 then it's PIP now and not DLA. PIP has replaced DLA.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • PaigemmaPaigemma Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thankyou I have got the Dla form for my youngest 
Sign in or join us to comment.