I am the mum on an amazing 3 year old boy diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy
I am the mum on an amazing 3 year old boy diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy Right side Hemiplegic, Developmental (including speech). He was born very premature and life expectancy was 20%! Here we are almost 4 years on. I have just resigned from my work to concentrate on him and getting him ready for reception in September 2018. I am so scared of being out of work but I know it IS the right thing right now.
I feel like I have to fight every one at every state just to get anything done.
We have an educational health and care plan now but I am so scared of everything right now.
I would like to meet people in my shoes and share stores and information and what financial help is out there.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 924 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments