PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP medical evidence issue

col1961col1961 Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi my name is colin im trying to find out how i stand after recieving a pip form 5 days ago and then yesterday recieving a letter saying my medical evidence is no good surely they need to get my form back before deciding that can anybody enlighten me ????????

Replies

• markyboymarkyboy Member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Did you say anything regarding medical evidence on your call to the DWP  to apply ?
  • feirfeir Member Posts: 396 Pioneering
    If the medical evidence isn't good enough i think this just means they want to assess you themselves? They could decide that without your form, whoever they got info from may not know anything about your condition or enough to say how you're affected, but basically they are saying the medical evidence will not count towards anything.

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,010 Disability Gamechanger
    There have been a number of instances of letters going out pre-emptively and incorrectly. This could be one of those. There are no circumstances in which DWP would say evidence was “no good”. Most likely as @feir says they are advising that you haven’t provided anything to suggest you should be assessed on paper only and this will be forwarded for a face to face.

The other important thing to note here is that medical evidence will not get you PIP. The existence of medical conditions is not what’s being tested. The functional consequences of impairments on your ability to perform points scoring activities is all that’s being tested. Focus on examples which show what happens when you attempt said activities.
  • feirfeir Member Posts: 396 Pioneering
    Because i had no evidence or diagnosis when i applied they said i'd need an assessment so that's how i guessed that.
  • col1961col1961 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    thankyou for replies guys we will wait and see
  • col1961col1961 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    sorry markboy no nothing was said about them collecting it on my behalf ????
Sign in or join us to comment.