Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is grandmakaren1958!
Hi can someone help me.i already receive pips.they dropped my care component to middle rate.i appealed but it stayed this same.now I have bad cataracts in both eyes and my vision has git worse in last 4 months.i have just had my assessment on my eyes and have been told I may have to wait up to 10 weeks before I can have one eye done.i have great difficulty watching tv,I cannot read properlyunless the words can be made bigger.all I can see is a footy mist.pips say I am capable of cooking for myself.i cannot do that now because I can’t judge where to put things or to use my cooker as I drop plates and nearly burnt myself as I couldn’t see the flames on the cooker.i nearly chopped my fingers off when cutting vegetables so now my husband has had to take over doing all the cooking. Although my pips doesn’t run out until 2020 is it worth informing them about my eyes.i don’t know what they do.i appreciate any advise.thank you
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.