PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Had tribunal on Tuesday, not received decision yet

scottishboy24scottishboy24 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hello I had my trubinal on Tuesday they told me they would send letter out still hvent got it yet and wen I was there women had her decision made there I got told mine was sent in post I want too knw why i was different

Replies

• MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Tribunals often send decisions out in the post.  If you haven't heard after a week, phone the tribunal clerk.
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2018
    I didn’t get my decision on the day , they were running late, and called the clerks office a few days later. If the appeal was heard Tuesday I’d call today but you must ask if they can tell you over the phone.
    If you don’t ask the specific question they won’t freely tell you.

Good luck and let us know
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Usually they write to you within a couple of days, they don't usually keep you waiting any longer than that. Hopefully by now you've received that letter and it's good news.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • markyboymarkyboy Member Posts: 374 Pioneering
    When i had a tribunal on a Tuesday i received the decision in the post on the Saturday
    Even though the letter was dated on the Wednesday they use 2nd class post
  • scottishboy24scottishboy24 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have been accepted for pip and wanted knw how long have wait for backdated money how much would I get back from 7 months
    Congratulations 
    It could be 5-6 weeks
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,380 Disability Gamechanger
    The bench book actually says most decisions ought to not be given on the day. Some judges blindly comply with that and others always try to give a decision on the day. A tribunal can decline to give a decision on the day if they are running late; if the technology isn’t working; if a clerk (who types the decision) is having to work more than one room or if there’s a risk of violence in response to the decision. They can also defer the decision to another day of a legal point needs to be checked with a district or regional judge. 

If the decision can’t be issued on the day then the clerk may not see the judge fir weeks so it can be hard to liaise to get it typed up and sent out. HMCTS call centre won’t be able to assist with this sort of query so there’s nothing to go but wait.
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    Congrats I have pip tribunal June 12
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
Sign in or join us to comment.