Discretionary fund payments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Discretionary fund payments

Options
lolaboots
lolaboots Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hi all,i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this,if not i apologise!I applied to the discretionary assitance fund for an EAP and on checking yesterday afternoon,the claim status was 'paid on the 12th'.It's boing through Bacs so does anyone have any idea how long it might take to show up?Thanks!

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    lolaboots,
    I don't know much about these as the discretionary assistance fund only exists in Wales, & I haven't had much experience of working there. However, I've had a look and if it was paid by BACS you should have had it at most 2 or 3 days after it was paid. If you haven't seen it by now there's definitely a problem - after all it is supposed to be for an emergency!

Hopefully you've got it now - if you haven't, I'd ask the fund what is going on. Their number is 0800 859 5924.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.