Heard nothing for 16 weeks — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Heard nothing for 16 weeks

Mm98
Mm98 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm in the Leicestershire area and my PIP claim has been with Capita for 16 weeks now. Is this normal? They've not sent me anything beyond a letter to say my form has been received by them from the DWP.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    No its not its disgraceful don't wait any longer contact them 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Mm98, it makes me so annoyed when people post questions like yours. As a new member I welcome you to the lovely scope cumunity who will help or advice or give an opinion on your situation. A lot of posts it is just a bit of common sense if in doubt or concerned, worried give them a call. Sixteen weeks seems a long time but calling for an update and progress of you claim or Face to Face acessment will put your mind at ease. Please keep posting I am sure once you have found your way round the site you will be able to give your views and opinions on many posts.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Mm98 said:
    I'm in the Leicestershire area and my PIP claim has been with Capita for 16 weeks now. Is this normal? They've not sent me anything beyond a letter to say my form has been received by them from the DWP.
    That's not that long to be honest. There's not timescales, it really does depend on backlog in your area. If you're concerned then ring the assessments providers and they maybe able to tell you what's happening. Pointless ringing DWP at this stage because they won't be able to tell you anything.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wits
    wits Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Is it the same time scale on reveiws it took me about 4 month start to finnish am Leicestershire this was two years ago tho am now up for reveiw 
  • baggsali
    baggsali Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    I’m in South Wales and mine took 18 weeks it really takes a long time don’t know why so long tho hope you hear soon ring capita I did 
  • wits
    wits Community member Posts: 7 Listener

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.