Dealing with chronic pain
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Hi, my name is Suesy!

SuesySuesy Member Posts: 3 Listener
I am a very long term insulin diabetic who has and does suffer with chronic pain 

Replies

• Lasian_ScopeLasian_Scope Member Posts: 660 Pioneering
    edited June 2018
    Hi @suesy, welcome to the community!

Please feel free to have a look at our different groups and discussions. You might find our dealing with chronic pain group useful :)
  • steve51steve51 Community champion Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Suesy

Good mourning & Welcome.

It’s great to meet today.

I  have  had “Chronic Pain” since 2005.

Please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with 
  • SuesySuesy Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi steve, it's nice to meet you. I have had chronic pain in my hips and lower to mid back for quite a few years. I have been prescribed pain killers, nerve reduction treatment, injections in the hips, injections in my mid to lower back to no avail. I have compressed discs 4 & 5,  Diabetic neuropathy and arthritis in my back. Standing, bending walking and doing household chores cause mid to high pain reactions. I am on pregabalin 200mgs daily this has just gone up to 200mgs two days ago. Is anyone else on this and has it helped? 

• ClaireSaulClaireSaul Volunteer community adviser Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Hi @Suesy
    A rather belated welcome!  My chronic pain story also involves back problems and multiple surgeries, alongside a genetic connective tissue disorder, Ehlers Danlos Disease.  I have taken pregabalin for many years now - specifically for nerve pain - and I think it does help me.  But....I have been taking the max dose of 600mg a day for about 9 years, so I'm no longer completely sure how much of a tolerance I have built up!
    Do have a look around some of the other posts and chats - it is a very supportive forum!

Best wishes,
    Claire
    Claire Saul
    Chronic Pain Advisor
    Scope
    [email protected]
    scope.org.uk
Sign in or join us to comment.