Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Depression in Aspergers
hi all. I’m the mom to a 14 year old boy who is in the autism spectrum /adhd as well- my son had been suffering for a few years with anxiety and depression. He frequently dwells over times in his life where he felt bullied and it creates flashbacks of these sad moments. Just today we came home from four days of wonderful baseball playing where he very much enjoyed the camaraderie of his teammates he even said he had a great time. However and with the understanding Other being a very exhausting weekend he fell asleep crying dwelling on those sad moments and he asked me why isn’t he happy?
- 50.4K All Categories
- 10K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 685 Work and employment
- 540 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 959 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 258 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.9K Talk about money
- 1.9K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.7K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.8K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 615 Chronic pain and pain management
- 670 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 727 Autism and neurodiversity
- 875 Mental health and wellbeing
- 291 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.