Hi, my name is kaypink! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kaypink!

Options
kaypink
kaypink Community member Posts: 7 Listener
I’m 54 with numerous immune disorders including lupus SLE and am now palliative care. I’m wheelchair bound but mind still active and trying to help other patients by finding alternative treatments 

Comments

• kaypink
    Options
    I am currently trialling VR (virtual reality), as an alternative for pain relief as I’m allergic to all painkillers. I’m amazed at the results both short term and long term and how wonderful it is to finally be pain free!
  • k2008
    k2008 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Can I ask what vr u r using please 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kaypink, and a warm welcome to the community! Thank you for sharing this with us- VR sounds really interesting and I'm glad to hear it's had such a positive impact on your pain!
  • kaypink
    Options
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    God bless you I'm glad your getting relief from Vr, I use the Samsung Vr with oculus on a Samsung Galaxy s8 and my Sony PlayStation 4 Pro with Vr and yes it takes you mind away from all stresses and pain.

Thanks for the tip I'm sure many will try it out.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.