Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Devastated at losing a job I loved, what can I claim?
Having found myself unemployed after my dismissal last month due to ill health I'm finding it difficult to know what I can claim! ESA claim has been done at the job centre plus, council tax benefit, well! have just done my best to complete the claim form online, god is there anything they don't want to know? My son isn't happy about providing all his stuff cos I'm out of work either. For your info, I worked for the same employer for the last 19 years, I've never been unemployed before or claimed any benefit in my life. Devastated at losing a job I loved. I have a mortgage so cant get housing benefit. Any advice anyone please??
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 133 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.1K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.