Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Blue Badge

CazannCazann Member Posts: 88 Pioneering
Hi
I am enquiring to see if anyone knows if it's possible to keep and renew my Blue badge, after I lost my PIP application.. I've had a blue badge for over 13 years, while claiming DLA and it runs out in 8 weeks. I've had a reminder from my local council to renew my badge but as I'm appealing to a tribunal, I wasn't sure if I can still get one. Does anyone know?
Thank you.

Replies

• maria1maria1 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    best thing to do is call and tell them your appealing it for your pip but they might stop it untill  you win your pip back
  • tharathara Member - under moderation Posts: 49 Courageous
    Yes- do contact them and explain. They might decide to stop it until you start getting PIP again. 
  • blondie3862blondie3862 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I had my blue badge when I didn't get pip. I as long as you have supporting evidence of why you need it, I will you should be fine. I will I rang up and did mine over the phone then emailed the evidence over. 
  • CazannCazann Member Posts: 88 Pioneering
    Thank you all for the advice. I will ring the council tomorrow and check that out.
    ;) 
  • CazannCazann Member Posts: 88 Pioneering
    Just an update on the Blue badge;
    I rang the council about my Blue badge and they said that I can apply to renew it, even though I am appealing to go to tribunal after losing my PIP appeal.  I have an appointment to go to our local library to renew it. :)
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,412 Disability Gamechanger
    You can still qualify if you
    • Drive a motor vehicle regularly and have a severe disability in both arms which makes it very difficult or impossible to use parking meters.
    • Have a permanent and sustainable disability which makes walking very difficult or impossible.
    Take your pick.
Sign in or join us to comment.