PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Renewal

jaqisittjaqisitt Member Posts: 22 Connected
I had pip renewal assessment 6 weeks ago. Assessor said she would recommend I move from standard to higher rate mobility component. I haven't had decision as yet. If it does get I creased do I get the increaei backdated to when I submitted the renewal claim form?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    Hi,
    No, unfortunately you wont be. If successful it will be awarded from the date of the decision, which is always the case for reviews/renewals.

Have you rang for a copy of the assessment report? this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. Although i really wish assessors wouldn't say this sort of thing to claimants because they're not supposed to. Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.